Friday, February 27, 2009

Adventuring we go...

Today we ventured out for a bike ride and found ourselves at the park! Nathan took it slow and steady on his bike the whole way. I think it was more of his choice of foot attire, his winter boots, than anything else that could have been slowing him down. After all when you are almost four years old, you do get the privilege of dressing yourself! But, the weather was great, in the mid 50's and breezy. And the kids had a lot of fun, after being couped up in the house all week.



I also got to teach Nathan how to go down the pole at the playground. I remember as a kid having several of these at the top of a "jungle gym" at the school playground. I was always too chicken to climb to the top and slide down the pole. Back then it seemed to be so high up there, but then everything seems high up there when your just a little kid. Nathan on the other hand welcomes adventure and risk, and if there is the possibility of getting hurt then that makes it even better (for him)! (I think he gets that from his dad)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun. I am so glad ya'll are close enough to ride your bikes to the park!