Here's a couple of samples of our day.
Nathan: Mom, I'm still hungry
Me: OK, would you like some vanilla wafer cookies?
Nathan: No, I'll have fruit snacks. They're healthy!
Me: Hey, what'chya doin?
Nathan: (sad face) the TV just turned off
Me: Why? Did you turn it off?
Nathan: No, it turned off all by itself.
Me: Why did it do that?
Nathan: because I watched too much TV
(Followed by a sudden smile and quick jerk back to the living room when he heard the station come back in. That's what happens when you pick up digital TV with an antennae.)
Then later we decided to search the van for missing puzzle pieces. And we found one! Along with some other lost goodies like Nathan's pirate eye patch.
Nathan:(holding the eye patch and puzzle piece in the van) Here mom hold this
Me: why?
Nathan: because I need to put on my aaargh.
And here are a few classics from Gracie, that I have not heard yet today but it is a guarantee that they will be heard by bedtime!
Gracie: knock, knock
Me: whose there?
Gracie: boggey (she's obsessed with picking her nose)
Me: Gracie, that's grouse. Boggey who?
Gracie: boggey boggey boggey
Me: Oh, that's so funny!
Seriously, I think we need some new knock knock jokes around this house!
Me: night night
Gracie: Juice!
Me: no Gracie, goodnight.
Gracie: Juice!
Me: no Gracie, you're not having juice, goodnight
Gracie: (screaming) JUICE!!
Me: (handing her a sippy with a little bit of water in it) Here
Gracie: (shakes it, takes a drink, then chucks it out of the crib) JUICE!
2 comments:
I love it!!!
Too cute!!
We were just talking about you guys today...Lucas wanted to know who goes to our church, so we started listing people. Then he said, "Nathan?" Followed by, "Wait, where is he now? Is he playing in his new house?" We miss you guys!!
Post a Comment