Isn't it great when your kids can fend for themselves? Last night I got sick and Nathan made me a get well card and brought me his favorite book to read, "Stegosaurus". Bryant was home by 4pm and was able to make dinner and put the kids to bed... so that I could catch some much needed Zzz's!
As a I layed in bed last night dreading this morning and the fact that Bryant would be at work and I would have to feed, dress, and change diapers today, I realized how great it is that Nathan can pretty much take care of himself. Which meant if his momma told him to get his sister some cereal or a drink from the fridge, he could also in theory help take care of her too. So, I had it planned out... how I would get the kids fed (or how Nathan would...) and all I would really have to do is change diapers and make sure they were busy watching TV while I rested on the sofa.
Thank goodness, I am feeling much better today! And we have NOT had to put any of my theories to the test. While I have no doubt that a 3 year old can open the fridge and get out a sippy cup or a box of cereal from the cupboard. I am thankful that we don't need to find out how efficient that 3 year old truly is at those tasks.
I am so blessed! And so thankful for my family!

I am so blessed! And so thankful for my family!

1 comment:
Now you need to teach him to bring you something on the couch:) Love the blog and the stories!! Miss you.
Post a Comment