When we found out that my parents were going to be in York, PA with my grandparents this past weekend we said that we would join them. It was such a nice drive, it took us 4 hours to get up there, because we had to deal with some DC traffic and we purposefully took the long way to avoid Baltimore traffic. And the drive back home was even shorter.
On Saturday we headed over to Lancaster County and did some shopping in a Amish Farmer's Market at Bird in Hand, PA. There were so many wonderful samples to munch on that it was better then Sam's Club at lunch time! One seriously could have made a couple of loops around the building and been full enough to skip lunch. But, not us... we headed over to a family style restaurant and dined on some good country cookin' there.
That evening, we headed over to Silver Springs for my grandfather's brother, Carol's anniversary party. 50 years is such an accomplishment!
And I used the occasion to also snap Eli's first picture with grandpa! And also a picture of him with his great grandma Strine.
Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa all stayed to visit some more with Grandpa's twin brother, Luther.... and we took the kids out to a playground to burn off some energy before heading back to the hotel.

Sunday morning we headed north to Hershey... and along the way passed by Strinestown! Stine is my maiden name and this is the town that the Strine's settled in when first coming to America. It was rather cool to see the sign for the town on the side of the interstate... I did brag a little to Bryant, after all I don't believe that anywhere in America will you find Treacletown!
Sunday morning we headed north to Hershey... and along the way passed by Strinestown! Stine is my maiden name and this is the town that the Strine's settled in when first coming to America. It was rather cool to see the sign for the town on the side of the interstate... I did brag a little to Bryant, after all I don't believe that anywhere in America will you find Treacletown!
1 comment:
What a neat trip. I don't think I've ever seen your parents so it's nice to see their sweet faces!
Post a Comment