Saturday, March 26, 2011

This Cupcake Is Four!

Gracie turned four! (Not the giant cupcake... ewwww)


I have been planning and preparing for this birthday. I got a great idea off of Frugal Girls for a wrapped candy bar party favor... so I tackled this project with M&Ms.


Then, I decided that I really want to make my kids birthday shirts... so a trip to Michael's was on the to-do list and tada.... my final project.

The cake. The GIANT cake. When all was said and done... 2 cake mixes, 2 puddings, a container of sour cream, 2 bags of chocolate chips, 8 eggs, more oil than I would like to mention, and water.... yields: One giant cupcake plus 24 (normal) cupcakes! Oohhh, and the chocolate shell, yes I mastered that too. We got to cut into this bad boy after singing "Happy Birthday" with Grandpa, Grandma, and Uncle Greg via Skype. Here are her presents from Daddy, Mommy and the boys.
Now, rewind to earlier in the day (sorry I didn't put these pictures in the right order). Gracie had a play date/ party with some of her best friends. Play-Doh, Pizza, and Cupcakes make for a great way to start your birthday especially when you share them with others that enjoy them just as much!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CUPCAKE! YOU'RE 4!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe Gracie is 4! What a sweet little girl.

Elizabeth said...

Hppy Birthday, Gracie! What a fun day:)