Saturday, October 29, 2011

Gracie makes juice...


Before we went to New York last weekend Gracie was asking me if we could make grape juice.  So, before we left my parents farm dad picked us a 4 quart basket of grapes.  The next day after getting back to Virginia Gracie and I made grape juice.  This was the way that my mom always made it when I was a child.  Now she makes it into a concentrate before canning it.


1. Get some Concord Grapes

2. Wash and place 1 cup of grapes into a quart jar.

3. add 1/4 cup of sugar.... amount depends on the sweetness of the grapes.


3. Fill with water up to the neck of the jar.

4. place in a canner, and boil the water for 20- 25 minutes.   (or in my case a stockpot, since I don't have a canner)


We enjoyed our first quart of Gracie's juice this morning for breakfast, along with our Saturday morning pancakes.  Yumm

1 comment:

Susan J said...

What a fun mommy/daughter activity! Looks yummy!