Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fabulous Finds are getting great usage!!

From Rubbermaid containers to Kreo Transformers... we were thrilled with all of the gifts that we received this Christmas.  Here are some of our fabulous finds...

Paula Deen Cast Iron Dutch Oven.  Last night I fixed Short Ribs (from our new cow) after a thorough seasoning of the cast iron.   mmmm.... can't wait to cook up something again!  Oh, and I have been using my new Better Homes and Garden cookbook, 15th edition... LOVE it!!!


MY KitchenAid... that's right I said MY!!!  And it works great... of course it does!  Last night, Honey Whole Wheat Bread and tonight Chocolate Buttermilk Brownies (out of the BHG cookbook). 

Quilts.  Nathan and Gracie both got a new quilt made by Grandma this year!  Eli received his quilt last year for Christmas.


Make-up.  Gracie received make-up (play make-up) from Nana and Papa.  We have a new rule:  you can only wear it at home, not out and about.  When I asked her about why she has the green under her eyes, she answered that mommy puts makeup under her eyes...so makes sense.  So, what now?  Well, since mommy told her that I only use skin colored makeup under my eyes, now she has been putting ORANGE eyeshadow on in place of the green!!!  Oh boy!!

2 comments:

cochieng said...

Emily,
That honey wheat bread looks amazing! Would you mind sharing the recipe? Thanks!

Casey

Emily said...

Casey, You can find it on the taste of home website (www.tasteofhome.com), it is called Bread Machine Wheat bread.... I just don't use a bread machind.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Bread-Machine-Wheat-Bread