Sunday, April 15, 2012

Gum Grafting...

Gum Grafting.  Not one of life's most enjoyable experiences.  In fact, Friday night I remember thinking that I would rather have another baby then have this done again.  Mostly because having a baby doesn't mess with your ability to eat.  And I do enjoy eating.

I remember a dentist years ago, telling my parents that I would need to have my gums grafted someday.  Well, Friday was that day.  I was so nervous, there was a lot of anxiety going on that day for me.  I am not a fan of the dentist.  Which is really quite ironic knowing the amount of work that I've had done over the past 10 years.  Even getting my teeth cleaned every 6 months, really makes me cringe.  But, anyways, Friday I had my first (and not final) gum grafting.  Friday was not an enjoyable day after the procedure, there was a lot crying.  But, I awoke Saturday feeling a lot better.  And as long as I take my Motrin when needed, I do just fine.  I'm able to eat somewhat normal food, just cut up real small as though I am giving it to Eli.  Bryant left for L.A. on Saturday, the day after the procedure, which I was really scared about, but we are doing just fine.  I am definitely not looking forward to the next procedure (whenever that is).  But, one thing is for sure... I will warn the dentist that after my first procedure on Friday that I passed out at the reception desk.  It may be best to give him a heads up that my head will probably be going down.

No comments: