Monday, May 4, 2009

When the Opportunity Arises...

Monkey See



Monkey Do




On Friday morning I was listening to Focus on the Family, Nathan heard the word "opportunity" and asked what it meant. I tried my best to define "opportunity" so that a 4 year old would hopefully understand. Well, with a little bit of imagination Nathan created his own "opportunity". Nathan carried it into church yesterday, so it went into my purse for the remainder of the morning. When we got home, I was upstairs and I could hear him yelling from somewhere downstairs, "Mom, have you seen my opportunity?"

So, I guess when I told him that an opportunity is something that God gives us that is good for us and can help make our lives better, this is what he envisioned:



I don't think that's what I was aiming for!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

He has an impressive opportunity though:) So funny!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I also love the big tree in your front yard!

Susan J said...

Love it!
How nice to have a big climbing tree. A tree like that is on our list of "wants" for our next house :) Just (try to) keep your boys out of the ER...hehe

Aunt Karen said...

Coming from a ARMY 'brat' I am not surprised that he saw this as his 'opportunity'... and maybe on a deeper level he is right... look at the opportunity God has given you all through Bryant's being in the ARMY. Maybe he is seeing the opportunities provided you all and ses it as one for him....

then again.. he could just be a 4 year old who likes leggos and building tanks. LOL ;)

Jennifer said...

Crack me up!

Janet said...

that is too funny!