Last night at dinner the electric went out and it didn't come back on until sometime around midnight. I only know that because I woke up and I could see Nathan's bedroom light on.... apparently that was the only light switch that I forgot to check and make sure was off before I went to bed. Nathan was excited to have the house dark because then he got to do what every boy dreams of: walk around the house with a flashlight on and not get in trouble for it. Gracie on the other hand, clinged to me for her life. Even with lots of candles she was not happy that the "lights were broke". It kinda makes you think of "way back when...", before electricity or even the Amish today that choose to live without it. I can handle a candle lit evening, brushing teeth and reading books by flashlight, but I know that I would not prefer it everyday. Especially since we were lucky that we 1. I could find the flashlight, and 2. that I found batteries that worked! Thank goodness for modern inventions!
2 comments:
I bet it was kinda spooky in your big house!
game night!!
That's what we end up doing when the electric goes out here.
Like you though...I'd have a hard time living without it all of the time. ;)
Post a Comment