Friday, July 24, 2009

Vacation Day One...

Well, we got on the road this morning to head for Busch Gardens down in Williamsburg, Virginia. Only one small problem: we got on the road headed in the wrong direction and in the HOV lanes of DC so, we couldn't get off and turned around properly until we got to the Pentagon! This added about a half hour of driving.
Busch Gardens was SOOOO fun! The kids had a blast and I promise to post pictures as soon as we get back home. Nathan loved meeting the different Sesame Street characters, and Gracie was afraid of them! It was hot out but, we all enjoyed the day.
Then off to dinner at Cracker Barrel! Yes, we planned that trip! Mmmm, Mmmm we can never get enough of that country cookin' and checkers games.
Up next, Virginia Beach..... the experience we will never forget. We, or I to be correct had booked and prepurchased our hotel for these 3 nights with a special discount contingent upon no cancellation and no refund. Needless to say I wish that I didn't use that special! Or better yet that I didn't purchase with this particular hotel chain! All I can say is: Hole in the Wall! I was literally afraid to sit on the bed! The room was decorated up to par but, the cleanliness level and safety level of the room was questionable. I guess maybe that's what Limited means when it follows after Ramada! So, we packed up and headed towards Norfolk and found a Marriott. But, hey at least we have a parking place and a changing room near the beach all weekend. Don't worry there will pictures of this too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! I can't wait to see pictures.