Friday, February 12, 2010

Wrapping up the Downstairs... and some other stuff...

Today I'm gonna finish showing you around the downstairs of our house. For obvious reasons I'm leaving out pictures of the bathrooms, because well... we all know what a bathroom looks like. Just imagine a pretty shower curtain and some colorful bath rugs and vwa-la, you have our bathrooms!

So, here we have the living room (as we call it). Our house was built in the 1930's however before we moved in the military hired private contractors to come in and renovate the homes and build additions to them. This room is our addition.

This picture is really crooked... sorry!

You really can't see the kids' bookshelf, but it's there in the corner behind their table along with their mega blocks and remote control dinosaur.


And our master bedroom. This house has a split floor plan so, we snooze downstairs and the kids are all tucked away upstairs. I have to say that we have always had really good size master bedrooms regardless of where we have lived... it's been awesome. However, our bedroom now is the smallest room in the house. And I can't complain because it just gives me much less room to store or "conveniently" hold onto things... you know what I'm talking about, you do it too! However we still have a large walk-in-closet (which houses Bryant's dresser, because it doesn't fit in the bedroom) and a very nice sized master full bathroom.


OK, enough of that! Now, for the past week we have been snowed in. Bryant hasn't worked since last Friday and this weekend is a 4 day weekend for him too! So, once roads were opened and we could venture out, we did... and we did this today! Bryant headed to the gym and the kids and I met with a friend and her little boy for some play time and lunch. It was so nice to be able to actually go somewhere!!






4 comments:

Janet said...

Emily, your house is beautiful! I love how your home is so bright and tidy - looks like it could be in a magazine :-) Hope you're feeling great! blessings!!

Anonymous said...

Love the house and the action shot of Nathan!

The Carringtons said...

Yay for an outing (and great pics)! I just uploaded mine.

Jennifer said...

Your house is great. Love the new rugs!!!! Can't believe the red chenille pillows and blanket are still kicking ----but, it is a good thing, because they look so great with your stuff.