Saturday, November 13, 2010

Final Soccer Game...

I have to start by telling you about Gracie. First, she has done wonderful at each and every game. She sits quietly in her chair and colors or plays, today it was Polly Pocket dolls that kept her attention. The only thing that she has ever done wrong, she did today. Here's the quick story: I was watching Nathan play and my head was turned away from her (usually not a big deal). Then another mother who was sitting on the other side of me gets my attention on Gracie. What is she doing you ask? Well, she is standing in front of her chair (where she is supposed to be) with her pants down to her ankles and half of her bottom exposed! "Gracie!!". She says, "mom I had to fix my underwear they were falling down". I thought, well at least she's not a boy... because a boy outside with his pants dropped to his ankles is not adjusting his underwear! My sweet girl... anyways, on with the game!
I have posted lots of photos here since daddy missed our last game. Long story short: the ball was kicked, I believe they scored one goal (in their own net, I'm not sure how many times they kicked it into the other teams net), and there was one little girl on the black team that yelled at Nathan that "we don't have goalies here!"... he likes to guard the net when the other team has the ball. And they played 3 on 3 today, which is unusual since they usually play 4 on4. Oh, and Nathan had a break away only he didn't have enough control over the ball and kicked it too hard. Although he was heading straight for the goal, it went out of bounds.










Game Over, time for some Awards. This was the proudest moment in his little life so far, I'ld have to say. He was so excited that he got a medal... his first ever (which he kept telling me). He even asked me tonight before bed if he could wear it to church tomorrow!




The end.

2 comments:

Susan J said...

So fun! Do you have a "soccer mom" bumper sticker yet? :)
Love the Gracie story. Hilarious!
Lucas got a little trophy for soccer, which he dropped as soon as we got home & it broke in 3 pieces...he was devastated! Thank goodness for super glue!

Elizabeth said...

Great picture of Nathan with his medal!! Good work:)