Monday, April 20, 2009

Momma's therapy...

So, some of you may think that living in DC is just the coolest thing... but not this momma. At one point over the weekend I told my extremely patient and understanding husband that I just wanted to go home... to my church, my friends, my family. Obviously, that's not going to happen and after all the wishing and hoping... I knew that too. When reality sets back in, we just simply have to make the most of what we have. Afterall, God brought this opportunity to us, to prosper us not to harm us. And He has opened doors and moved stones out of the path the entire way.

Good news: I really enjoyed church yesterday. And took some advice from a very wise lady and stepped out of my comfort zone and up to the donut table and mingled with some fellow Sunday School parents. So, thanks Jen... I think all I needed was to "go get some juice"!

After church, I decided to complete the weekend therapy with a little bit of shopping. I mean typically if you ignore the total at the end of the receipt every once in awhile, then shopping can be very rewarding. I always feel so guilty about buying myself anything, especially when I have two children and a husband that also require clothing and shoes. So, after I picked up a few things for myself I headed over and grabbed some new clothes for my kiddos. Sorry Bryant, nothing for you this time.... maybe on my next therapy session purchase!
Here's Nathan rockin his new diggs... he asked what a rockasauras was... then rocked on!

Gracie is sportin her new dress and momma's new $2.80 jewelry. Gotta love sales!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29: 11
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favorite versus! I love shopping!!

Susan J said...

Praying for you my friend!! Hopefully I will be calling you soon :)

Aunt Karen said...

I miss you so much, but I know God will use this experience to make life great for you all. I love you guys!

Jennifer said...

Way to step up to the food table!!!!! Wooohoooo!

Sure do miss you!