Does everything seem to happen all at once at your house? Well it does here! With Gracie being sick our nights are usually filled with crying and multiple trips to her room. So last night around 1:30 I could hear a faint cry in the distance... thinking it's Gracie I was doing my best to try and ignore it (probably hoping Bryant would get up). Then I realized it was Nathan not Gracie. It is very unusual for Nathan to cry at night unless he's had a bad dream or something along that line. So I fly out of bed (I mean FLY) and find him laying on his floor face down. So, as I go to scoop him up and put him back in bed I can see blood all over his carpet. Yikes, me + blood =not good. So, I grab him up and call for Bryant twice (because I'm sure he thinks I'm trying to con him into taking over the night shift with Gracie). Well, thank goodness for Daddy! This man knew exactly what to do and did it calmly too. Me, well if you know me well, I'm sure you can imagine what I was doing next... it involved laying on the floor hoping to not pass out. Seriously, I'm speakin the truth! Not sure if it was the flying out of bed part only to be met with the adrenaline of finding a hurt child or the sight of blood... but, that's me! Anyways, Bryant decided that Nathan didn't need stitches (although we're sure if we would have taken him in he would of gotten at least one) and we had lots of Steri-stips (thank you Adam J) and antibiotic ointment... so Bryant played doctor. Then, Nathan and I sat up and watched The Little Mermaid... and then finally returned to bed (well, the futon... together).
Man, I just want to sleep through the night once!
Man, I just want to sleep through the night once!

5 comments:
Oh my...you and blood..not a good combination!
So what did he do to get the blood and cut??
Hope you are both feeling better. Also wish I was closer so I could help you with the kids and you could get some sleep.
Poor thing! My youngest nephew fell out of his bed last week and busted his nose. Dangerous...
Seriously?! You guys have had it rough the past week or so! We will be praying things return to "normal" for you guys...of course normal sometimes involves post-spa trips to the ER or going there in swimwear...sure do miss you guys!
Oh my goodness!! You all have had it rough, but Nathan looks like he is doing ok in the picture. Will call you tomorrow when I'm off:) Miss you four!
Hey! Just wanted to say hi! How are things going? Is Bryant liking his job?!
I'm glad Nathan's OK! I remember falling out of bed one night when I was little. I didn't bleed, but it was still scary! Thank goodness for Dr. Daddy!
Post a Comment