Saturday, April 25, 2009

Our Weekend...

Last night after finishing up dishes, I walked outside to find Nathan playing in a "dirt pile". Oh, what a proud momma I was! Dirt piles bring back so many fond memories for me of my early childhood. My brother and I would spend hours playing at the dirt pile near the swing set when we were growing up. We were definitely not afraid of any dirt... but at that point in my life I don't remember being to fond of showers...hmmmm..... that kinda sounds like Nathan too! Well, anyways Uncle Greg I hope your proud.


And today... it was in the 80's-90's outside and beautiful. So, we ventured downtown. We walked around the monuments a little bit then headed to one of the museums. I must say that Bryant and I are determined that we need a Sit and Stand stroller! Nathan gets tired of walking and we usually just have him stand on the basket or sit on top of the stroller... but, I don't think that can be too comfortable. So, I feel a shopping experience coming on...




And my blog would not be complete without a picture of Flat Stanley. Flat Stanley traveled all the way from North East, PA to stay with us for the month. Our mission was to show him around town and return him back to the wonderful little girl at Davis Primary School with some photos and a note on his adventure. This was our primary goal of our trip downtown today. Flat Stanley will make his trip back to PA on Monday. It was nice having you as our guest Flat Stanley... especially because I didn't have to cook anything special or worry about having a clean house while you where here! Buddy, you can come anytime!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flat Stanley looks good next to Abe! I cannot say this enough. I love Washington DC!!

The Bird Crew said...

Hey Emily!

I hope you guys are having a great weekend! Have you guys found a church yet?

Aunt Karen said...

I love the pictures of the kids!! Gracie looks so cute holding the statue's hand!!
I do have to ask though, what's with the hair net on the helmet? LOL