Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Stormy Morning...

This morning we awoke to thunderstorms rolling through. I love me some storms! Of course they can be real scary at times, but there is nothing like falling asleep when it's raining outside or sleeping in on a dark rainy morning. But, add that thunder and a pink sky and you can just feel God's power! I have yet to experience the storms anything close to those that Kansas can produce. Indiana came close.... real close, but Kansas produced the orangish/ pink sky almost every time! I am no storm chaser by any means, I just love to see God's mighty hand at work.

So, we enjoyed a storm early morning and some sunshine by the end of breakfast. The kids asked for pancakes this morning... they always ask for pancakes! Usually once maybe twice a week, they get them. Today I whipped some up, but not out of the purchased pancake mix sitting in my freezer. No, I decided to resort to my ways before Virginia, I made them bad boys from scratch. Just like I always used to. So, here's my recipe from today, enjoy!

Oatmeal Pancakes
1/2 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 cup of quick oats
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons canola oil
1 egg

Mix well. Using a 1/4 cup scoop, this will make 8 pancakes.

4 comments:

Susan J said...

oooh, thanks for sharing! i'm always looking for something new for breakfast and this looks perfect!
can't wait to see you in a FEW SHORT DAYS!!!

Anonymous said...

You are so domesticated!

Karen G said...

The next generation of us "Suzie Home makers" as Aunt Michele likes to call us. LOL

Elizabeth said...

Yummy!