Last Friday, we got a call that we've been waiting for... my father was going to be having heart surgery on the following Tuesday. So, we packed up and headed out Saturday afternoon for home, New York. One thing about this trip that was so fun, was to see all the beautiful colors of fall as we were driving through the mountains in Maryland and West Virginia. This is quite a different sight then the road trip across the Midwest.
Dad's surgery went great, and he is recovering very quickly. With all the tubes out of his chest he is able to sit up comfortably and hasn't had a need for his pain medicine. It is truly a miraculous work of God! We are so thankful that we were able to be there for him and my mom, when they needed all of their children the most. I am so thankful to have such a close family, regardless of the miles that separate us.
On our trip back to Virginia yesterday, I had a first. I got my first deer! A 6 point buck! And, I wasn't sitting in a tree stand using a shot gun. But, rather in my minivan! On I-79 just south of Pittsburgh, as the kids say "Mommy, you killed Bambi.". Trust me, I would have rather not of.... but a deer in the median of an interstate is destined to be hit by someone, it just happened to be me. Luckily, very little damage to my van, just a dent on the underside of my front bumper... and one husband who didn't get that nap he was hoping for. Hopefully, there'll be less excitement when I head back that way next week!







1 comment:
Thanks for the pictures of the leaves..... I wanted so badly to take a trip north this year. So beautiful!!
Post a Comment