
Last time I saw these girls was January, and much has changed in their lives since then. So, I hopped a plane this weekend and spent some wonderful time catching up.
Even though it's been six months since we've seen each other, it didn't feel that way! We enjoyed a great afternoon on Saturday together... brunch, pedicures.... just catching up. Oh, how the Lord has blessed me with some FABULOUS friends!
When I wasn't with the girls, I was with my other favorite girl: my sister. And we had the house to ourselves! Her son Jonah reminded us that there was no partying aloud when they weren't home. However we did enjoy some great Mexican food and a little Dance Dance Revolution. It was a blast.
On Sunday, I had the pleasure of worshipping at a church that I will always call home, Northside Baptist Church. It was Sooo great to be back there, sitting in the pew along with all our friends, with the youth leading worship and Brother Mark preaching. The only thing missing was Bryant... next time he'll be there, I promise!
And Bryant.... well he had a great weekend with the kids. They even attempted to surprise me at the airport. I was planning on taking the Metro (subway) home. So, he knew he had to catch me before I got on the Metro. Only the arrival board said that my plane had already arrived and since he could see the outside gate from where he was and there was no plane there, he thought that he had missed me and they headed home. In reality the plane was still taxiing! Long story short, he returned to the airport to pick me up and the kids were thrilled to see their momma!
It was a perfect ending to a perfect weekend.




4 comments:
It was a perfect weekend!
Agreed! We'll have to do a girls' weekend in DC sometime!
You are welcome here ANYTIME!!!! However, I may not be able to pull off the "Jeremy and kids out of town" thing again. :D
Next trip has to be here.... I want a girls day out too!! lol
We could do that this summer while Jen is home... we can each take our girls with us and have a fun day together.... the kids (and I ) would love it!
Post a Comment