Friday, March 20, 2009

Good Morning...

Currently it is just after 8 in the morning, and typically I am not at the computer! On a typical day I am crawling out of bed and into the shower at this time, Gracie is reading books in her crib and Nathan is either watching TV upstairs, or playing in his room. However, this morning I was awoken at 6:45 by a crying child who had wiggled her way into the corner of her crib and couldn't move. Then just after getting back into bed the phone rings. When the phone rings at 6:48am you know it's never good! I answer expecting it to be the voice of someone I know, because it is way too early for telemarketing! However, it's AT&T and they have a text message for me, on my home phone! Did anyone know that you can get a text message read to you by a computer over your phone!? Well, I didn't! Here's the message: "You did it! Congrats! First Sergeant ... (I'll leave his name out)". Are you puzzled? Well, I wasn't. I immediately handed the phone to Bryant and pushed 3 to replay the message. He couldn't believe it, and I couldn't go back to sleep. He has made the "unofficial" list for E-7! The "unofficial" list came out yesterday, and all night he was making phone calls to his old command in recruiting to find out if his name was on it. You must understand that only a few people are privileged to see the "unofficial" list (before it's made official and public), and he had no one to contact here so instead he was all over those guys in Indianapolis. The official list comes out on Monday with his sequence number, that gives us an idea of when he's pinned. Anyways, it was a good way to start the day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the list? I am confused. Happy Day!

The Bird Crew said...

That's awesome! Tell him we said congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!