is the bargain book bin at the grocery store. I always stopped and usually bought books for the kids there every time I would pass by it at Kroger or Marsh in Indianapolis. But, low and behold we found the wonderful bin here at Giant! Finally, something that helps make this place feel like home! The prices are amazing, yesterday I picked up a book for each of our kids for their birthdays for only $5 each, originally $15! Well, Nathan found a Spiderman 3 Movie book, which I figured he could have now and Gracie stumbled upon a Dora book. The only problem was the Dora book didn't have a bargain price, but I let her read it while we shopped and then she put it on the belt at checkout. When it rang up it wasn't on sale and I told the lady that I didn't want it. After all, it wasn't a bargain!
And of course you can bet that she asked for the Dora book in the van, when we got home... pretty much all afternoon. I tried to trick her and give her one of the Dora books that she already has, and she threw it on the floor and cried for the other Dora book. OK, so at this point I feel like a mean mommy... seriously it didn't cost that much (and Nathan did get a book).
Fast forward... Bryant came home, and I told him all about the Dora book experience. And he agreed with Gracie! Which made me feel even worse. So my plans were set, after dinner Gracie and I would return to Giant and retrieve the Dora book from the bargain book bin (even though that book isn't a bargain). When we got there we found it, and she was so happy to be reading it in the cart while I pick up more books to set aside for the kids for Easter. I then turned to see the Dora book laying back in the book bin and Gracie was now reading a Pooh Bear book. After all this... and she put the Dora book back! After asking her several times and saying goodbye to the Dora book (I had to make it clear that if she wanted the Pooh Bear book then she wasn't getting the Dora one), we made our purchase. We walked in the house with our bag of books, and Bryant looked over at us from playing the Wii, and asked if it was still there. Then I explained to him everything that I just told you.... seriously, is it worth it? An almost 2 year old toddler starts to cry because mommy didn't buy her a book, and mommy tries to appease her, is that right? However, in my defense, Nathan did get the Spiderman book
and Gracie got nothing, is that right?
So yah, yesterday I felt like a bad mom... but Pooh Bear fixed that.
4 comments:
You are SUCH a nice Mommy!! Seriously!! :)
You are such a good mommy... this bad mommy would have told Mr. Sam to forget about it:) Your kiddos are lucky to have you as their mommy!
Well, all I can say is if it had been grandma & grandpa at the bargin (or not)bin Pooh Bear & Spiderman would not be the only new books at the Treacle house. But we are the grandparents after all and we are suppost to spoil them.
We are always way too critical of ourselves as mothers. You are an awesome mommy! And in the end she didn't really even care that much about the Dora book!
Post a Comment